Miserden Park
After a 1919 fire, Lutyens rebuilt the east wing of this c.1620 house, adding an ashlar five‑bay Tuscan arcade with keystoned arches and small stair‑landing casements, and refitting the library with simple fielded panelling and integral bookstacks projecting at right angles.
Description
Originally built c1620, then altered c1850 by Thomas Full. Extensively altered 1874-8 by Alfred Waterhouse for E.A. Leatham then in 1914 alterations and service wing by Andrew Russell for Capt. F.N.H. Wills. There was a rebuilding of east wing after 1919 fire by Edwin Lutyens, where he added a five-bay classical arcade to ground floor with Tuscan columns and keystones to arch architraves. The Lutyens addition is in ashlar with several small 2-light casements set at stair landing positions; Inside there is Simpler fielded panelling in library by Lutyens with integral bookstacks jutting out at right-angles. (Contributor: Paul Waite)
Bibliography
, Verey D & Brooks A (1999) Gloucestershire 1: Cotswolds. The Buildings of England. New Haven: Yale University Press.


